| Full Time
Software Engineer, Platform
We’re looking for someone to join our Engineering team at Ferrum. Are you interested in delivering robust services to help hospitals detect and eliminate the millions of medical errors that occur every year? If so, read on.
You are experienced with:
- At least 2 years of experience deploying and managing Kubernetes in production environments
- At least 4 years of backend development with a statically typed programming language, such as Go
- Fundamental understanding of Linux operating system internals, filesystems, and disk/storage technologies
- Configuration management and infrastructure-as-code practices, using Ansible and Terraform
- Scripting languages such as BASH
- Clearly communicating improvements and designs with team members and stakeholders
Preferred experience, but not required, with:
- Distributed systems technologies such as filesystems and databases
- Configuration of service meshes using public cloud solutions, such as GCP
- On-prem and hybrid cloud deployments
- Security (ex: remediation plans, CVEs, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanners)
You have experience solving challenges with microservices and scaling systems securely. You are comfortable building robust applications with Go or similar languages, Docker, PostgreSQL, Linux, and more in complex systems. Your significant experience interacting with and developing APIs provides a framework for creating both internal and external facing endpoints.
You love efficiency and automation. Your work at Ferrum will have a huge impact on the business. You take pride in developing scripts, tools, and services to help the team perform at a high level and scale to new challenges.
You strive to take ownership of a project from ideation to delivery and maintenance. Your experience provides a framework for you to work independently on several initiatives which will provide significant and measurable value to our customers. Seek opportunities to develop horizontal technologies that benefit multiple teams. Build developer tools to increase efficiency of all teams at Ferrum.
You communicate and document everything. At Ferrum, we are a distributed team. A culture of sharing and documentation allows everyone to work together. We are looking for a practitioner of clear documentation that is well-maintained.
And most importantly, you want to make a positive and lasting impact on the world. You understand that technology has the power to improve people’s lives and enrich our society.
What You’ll be Doing
Ferrum is a distributed, fast-growing company so you will be wearing many hats and pitch in on different components and projects across the organization. That said, here are some examples of what you’ll do
- Implementing a scalable, distributed container and VM orchestration platform
- Develop platform applications that further empower and enable end-user applications
- Create and configure tooling to confidently deploy and provision servers in the cloud and on-prem
- Create tooling to ensure observability and monitoring of the platform
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Medical errors kill 6 million patients every year and are the third leading cause of death worldwide. Ferrum provides doctors with an automated quality management system and machine learning marketplace that ensures they catch and fix medical errors before they affect patient care. The service does not affect physician workflow, takes less than a day to install, and is delivered via a secure appliance so patient data never leaves the hospital. Ferrum has been deployed at hospitals in multiple countries around the world. We are a highly technical team led by experienced founders who have built, funded, and scaled successful healthcare technology companies previously.