Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for someone to join our Engineering organization at Ferrum and help grow our Enterprise Applications team, where we tackle the unique challenges of building a robust, scalable machine learning platform.
Are you interested in delivering resilient services to help hospitals detect and eliminate the millions of medical errors that occur every year? If so, read on.
We are looking for a track record of:
- 4+ years of experience in a backend engineering role
- 2+ years of developing with statically typed languages, preferably Go
- 2+ years of experience developing for Linux systems
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborating in and working with a remote, distributed team with an overlap between 8 AM and 12 PM Pacific
Preferred experience with, but not required:
- Exposure to DICOM, HL7, and healthcare information systems
- Significant experience working with SQL and PostgreSQL
- Deep understanding of Linux internals with a focus on storage and networking
- Working knowledge of distributed systems, concurrency management, and parallel systems
What You’ll Be Doing
Delivering secure and well-tested solutions that scale:
- Scale up the platform and integrations between machine learning algorithms and the pipeline
- Design and build the APIs interfacing the data pipeline and machine learning services
- Building security tools to protect sensitive patient data throughout the data pipeline
- Optimize bare-metal appliances to meet the high-performance needs of the application
- Provision infrastructure for the secure services coordinating on-premise and cloud-hosted services
You Might Be a Good Fit if You
Strive to take ownership of a project from ideation to delivery and maintenance. Your experience provides a framework for you to work independently on several initiatives which will provide significant and measurable value to our customers. Seek opportunities to develop horizontal technologies that benefit multiple teams. Build and automation tools to increase the quality of all teams at Ferrum.
Communicate and document everything. At Ferrum, we are a distributed team. A culture of sharing and documentation allows everyone to work together. We are looking for a practitioner of clear documentation that is well-maintained. You adapt your communication style to suit different audiences and follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes.
Are a team player. Ferrum is a high-growth, venture-backed, fast-paced startup. This means that while the team members we’re hiring will fully own their functions, we expect them to understand adjacent roles and responsibilities in order to support and sometimes contribute.
Are an out-of-the-box thinker. In a fast-paced startup environment, much of our success hinges on our ability to think differently from competitors, counter-position, outmaneuver, iterate rapidly, and present compelling messaging that differentiates us from the pack.
Think healthcare can be better and want to have an impact in the industry. Ferrum’s team is first and foremost, mission-driven. Our mission is to help hospital systems use AI to improve patient care, and the work that we do impacts patient lives every day.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Medical errors kill 6 million patients every year and are the third leading cause of death worldwide. Ferrum provides doctors with an automated quality management system and machine learning marketplace that ensures they catch and fix medical errors before they affect patient care. The service does not affect physician workflow, takes less than a day to install, and is delivered via a secure appliance so patient data never leaves the hospital. Ferrum has been deployed at hospitals in multiple countries around the world. We are a highly technical team led by experienced founders who have built, funded, and scaled successful healthcare technology companies previously.