| Full Time
Senior ModelOps Engineer
We’re looking for someone to join our Engineering organization at Ferrum and help grow our ModelOps (also called MLOps) team, where we tackle the unique challenges of building a robust, scalable machine learning platform.
Are you interested in delivering resilient services to help hospitals detect and eliminate the millions of medical errors that occur every year? If so, read on.
We are looking for a track record of:
- 3-5 years of experience writing backend and infrastructure code for engineers
- 2-4 years of deployment, management of the full machine learning operations lifecycle, for at least 5 models, in production environments
- 2+ years developing machine learning models that were used in production on a large scale
- Strong understanding of applied mathematics, statistics, or related field
- Python development and maintenance in production systems, with industry-standard best practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborating in and working a remote, distributed team with an overlap between 8 AM and 12 PM Pacific
Preferred experience with, but not required:
- Developing machine learning applications using federated learning
- You have managed more than 10 models in production at a time
- Medical imaging and healthcare data formats
- Statically typed programming languages such as Go, or type hinting in Python
- Developing for and integrating with enterprise software systems
- Docker and Kubernetes
What You’ll be Doing
Work closely with product managers in the shaping, prioritization, and implementation of the broader ML roadmap
- Development of the Model Operations applications and processes, enabling the federated training, independent validation, deployment, and monitoring of ML Applications world-wide
- Building on and improving Ferrum-proprietary ML Application development tooling with federated learning and related techniques
- Expansion and standardization of ML Application interfaces and I/O data structures
- Partner ML Application tooling, including the Application Developer Portal and integration tooling to streamline and secure submissions
Directly contribute to the implementation of the ML Application and Model Operations roadmaps
- Providing robust and well-tested contributions to the implementation of Model Operations features, that are heavily informed by your experience with developing ML models and applications
- Spanning the entire lifecycle from training and validation through post-deployment monitoring
- Delivering scalable Python development practices through best practices and battle-tested tooling
- Understanding the value of repeatable processes and libraries to streamline development
Work closely with external ML partners
- Acting as the technical point of contact and reference for interactions with external technical team interactions
- Assisting with the technical onboarding and integrations of partner ML Applications
You might be a good fit if you
Strive to take ownership of a project from ideation to delivery and maintenance. Your experience provides a framework for you to work independently on several initiatives which will provide significant and measurable value to our customers. Seek opportunities to develop horizontal technologies that benefit multiple teams. Build developer tools to increase efficiency of all teams at Ferrum.
Communicate and document everything. At Ferrum, we are a distributed team. A culture of sharing and documentation allows everyone to work together. We are looking for a practitioner of clear documentation that is well-maintained. You adapt your communication style to suit different audiences and follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes.
Are a team player. Ferrum is a high-growth, venture-backed, fast-paced startup. This means that while the team members we’re hiring will fully own their functions, we expect them to understand adjacent roles and responsibilities in order to support and sometimes contribute.
Are an out of the box thinker. In a fast-paced startup environment, much of our success hinges on our ability to think differently from competitors, counter-position, outmaneuver, iterate rapidly, and present compelling messaging that differentiates us from the pack.
Think healthcare can be better, and want to have an impact in the industry. Ferrum’s team is first and foremost, mission driven. Our mission is to help hospital systems use AI to improve patient care, and the work that we do impacts patient lives everyday.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Medical errors kill 6 million patients every year and are the third leading cause of death worldwide. Ferrum provides doctors with an automated quality management system and machine learning marketplace that ensures they catch and fix medical errors before they affect patient care. The service does not affect physician workflow, takes less than a day to install, and is delivered via a secure appliance so patient data never leaves the hospital. Ferrum has been deployed at hospitals in multiple countries around the world. We are a highly technical team led by experienced founders who have built, funded, and scaled successful healthcare technology companies previously.