| Full Time
We’re looking for someone to join our Engineering team at Ferrum. Are you interested in delivering robust services to help hospitals detect and eliminate the millions of medical errors that occur every year? If so, read on.
You are experienced with:
- At least 2 years of implementing multi-project release management and deployment methodologies, using Jenkins for CI automation or similar tools such as GitHub Actions and Circle CI
- At least 2 years of experience managing infrastructure-as-code, using Terraform, Ansible, and Packer
- Scripting languages such as BASH, Python 3, or similar
- Docker containers and container orchestration systems
- Clearly communicating improvements and designs with team members and stakeholders
Preferred experience, but not required, with:
- On-prem and cloud hybrid deployments
- Configuration of public cloud solutions, such as GCP
- Statically typed programming languages such as Go
- Linux operating system internals, filesystems, and disk/storage technologies
- Security (ex: remediation plans, CVEs, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanners)
- Linux networking internals and networking (ex: routing, switching, Wireshark)
You love efficiency and automation. Your work at Ferrum will have a huge impact on the business. You take pride in developing scripts, tools, and services to help the team perform at a high level and scale to new challenges.
You ensure the security of our systems and the privacy of our customers data. You keep up to date with security bulletins and CVEs. You’ve been a part of or even led remediation plans to swiftly implement fixes. You can provide and architecture guidance for hybrid cloud solutions and implement them when necessary. You have experience and opinions on vulnerability scanners, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems.
You strive to take ownership of a project from ideation to delivery and maintenance. Your experience provides a framework for you to work independently on several initiatives which will provide significant and measurable value to our customers. Seek opportunities to develop horizontal technologies that benefit multiple teams. Build developer tools to increase efficiency of all teams at Ferrum.
You communicate and document everything. At Ferrum, we are a distributed team. A culture of sharing and documentation allows everyone to work together. We are looking for a practitioner of clear documentation that is well-maintained.
And most importantly, you want to make a positive and lasting impact on the world. You understand that technology has the power to improve people’s lives and enrich our society.
What You’ll be Doing
Building a positive Developer Experience (DX) to streamline internal systems
- Improve CI pipelines to reduce build times and costs, while improving stability
- Implement release engineering guidelines (from golden image to deployments)
- Building internal tools and cloud-hosted services to continuously improve the developer workflow
- Thorough documentation of DevOps processes and designs
Building scalable infrastructure
- Design and implement the cloud architectures for internal- or product-use
- Automate and improve infrastructure-as-code practices
- Automate monitoring and IT management processes for security and compliance requirements
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Medical errors kill 6 million patients every year and are the third leading cause of death worldwide. Ferrum provides doctors with an automated quality management system and machine learning marketplace that ensures they catch and fix medical errors before they affect patient care. The service does not affect physician workflow, takes less than a day to install, and is delivered via a secure appliance so patient data never leaves the hospital. Ferrum has been deployed at hospitals in multiple countries around the world. We are a highly technical team led by experienced founders who have built, funded, and scaled successful healthcare technology companies previously.